Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I Found a Crayon in the Crease of My Stomach!?

Confessions of a Weird Mom #5:


Ok folks, here it is. I found a broken crayon in the crease of my belly fat while teaching my 2-year-old daughter the letter "A", her name "Asia", the word "apple" and the color RED.

I don't know exactly how this happened, but I'll attempt to figure it out.

Apparently my daughter loves learning and she loves seeing me color on paper. After teaching her about letters, words and colors for over an hour, I decided I was tired and she had enough for the day. I put the crayons to the side and proceeded to sit back and take a deep breath. This 2 year old wasn't having that. She wanted to continue learning and coloring. Every time I would put a crayon down she would bring it back to me. This went on for at least 10 minutes until I just decided to pretend to be asleep.

As I'm faking sleep, she continues to bring me crayons and paper. The more I don't respond to her, the more she throws a tantrum. I'm used to it so it's not a big deal. Although I'm faking sleep, I ended up dozing off in real life. Again, the child didn't stop. I woke up a few seconds later with ripped paper in my hair and a broken crayon in my stomach.

I'm pretty sure it was the purple crayon. Whether or not my stomach caused the crayon to actually break, I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.



No comments:

Post a Comment