Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Playing Soccer With A Dirty Diaper!?

Of course no one intentionally plays soccer with a dirty diaper, I think. I'll attempt to explain how this was an honest accident. Here goes nothing . . .

As a mother of an almost 2 year old I have changed thousands of diapers and I'm still not used to the smell. That being said, my beautiful, amazing daughter had a huge surprise for me in her diaper. I go to change her and the smell is unbearable. What on earth did she eat? I'm cleaning her up and decide to wrap the dirty diaper very carefully. While working with her I throw the dirty diaper on the floor to attend to it later once the baby is settled. The baby is good to go now, but I don't want to pick up the dirty diaper off the floor until I'm at least closer to the trash can. That way I wouldn't have to smell it as much. My logic was if it's on the ground it's further away from my nose. It didn't end there.

So now the only logical thing to do is kick the dirty diaper all the way to the trash can, right? As I made the first "kick" I'd noticed that the diaper had some weight to it. Here's where I decide to test out my eye/foot coordination. Why not make a game out of something as simple as throwing away trash? Before you know it I'm playing soccer with a dirty diaper.

The diaper won!


No comments:

Post a Comment