Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Drink the Juice Anna Mae!

Confessions of a Weird Mom #4:


Naturally every mother worries about their children's health and well-being. My daughter's pediatrician always puts emphasis on getting plenty of fluids. Long story short, I felt like my daughter wasn't getting enough fluids in her diet. After failed attempts of trying to get my daughter to drink more I became very frustrated. In the midst of my frustration I yelled "DRINK THE JUICE ANNA MAE!"

Why I called my daughter "Anna Mae", I don't know, but it was only fitting. My frustration was deep rooted only because I didn't want my child getting dehydrated or sick. In my defense, I felt like making a Tina Turner reference and being aggressive would actually make my child want to drink her juice. Wrong! Apparently children don't care about Ike Turner impersonations.

For whatever reason I say strange things to my daughter. I'm not sure, but I think making Tina Turner references definitely fit the bill. If only people knew half the things my daughter inspires me to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment