Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Tried Hypnotizing The Baby!

Confessions of a Weird Mom #1:


I honestly thought it would be a good idea to try and hypnotize my child. Even worse, I thought it would actually work.

My child is notorious for fighting sleep. All I wanted was for her to take a small nap. To encourage this nap I decided to hold my child and rock her back and forth. I noticed her eyes were getting heavy and it appeared as if she was getting dizzy. The rocking seemed to work.

Here's where I thought it would be a good idea to take the rocking to the next level to speed things along. I really wanted her to take a nap! I began to rock her forcefully. While rocking her I started whispering in her ear "you're getting sleepy, very very sleepy". I continued this for about 5 minutes and she finally went to sleep. I felt guilty as if I had just drugged my child. To end things off she ended up waking up 10 minutes later.

1 comment:

  1. Lol only You would do this and admit it. That's not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete